Happy Friday beautiful people!
School holidays are in full swing in the great land of Ogre, and with it comes the disappearance of the three oldest teens to various places that obviously aren’t here with me. I discovered today via Facebook, that all three are in fact, still alive.
I knew one of them was for sure already, I just hadn’t personally spoken to her. The guarantee comes from the fact that she’s with my bestie who I know would inform me if said child escaped from her clutches. Said bestie is claiming ownership of said child. Quoted in her blog post yesterday saying “possession in nine tenths of the law”. I know that thems there are fighting words. She’d best not have any Gnomes in her garden…
Being down three kids has given me some time to slow down a little… when I say “slow down” I mean mentally not physically. My brain is finding itself on a mental holiday which is fantastic!
Anyway he’s some things I know this week:
- I know D the dog has an intense hate for Aldi dog food. So much so, he refused to eat any of his dinner one night when it was all I had to give him. The next night he hoed down his Chum like he hadn’t eaten for a year.
- I know every night since the three oldest teens have been away I have stuffed up dinner. Not only can I not get used to cooking a smaller meal, but the cooking times are all out of wack too. Tonight pasta was brought to us by mushy and gross.
- I know three less kids means not looking at the carpet every night, thinking it looks like a football team had trudged through there a hundred times in a day.
- I know the hot weather this week made me whinge like a sooky lala. I so do not do humid heat well.
- I know I have now had four pain free feet days in a row! OH YEAH!
- I know it’s not a good idea to splurge and buy a carton of diet coke for myself. I’ll drink it and nothing else until it runs out.
- I know my that my kidney is not in a happy place right now because of said diet coke.
- I know that I should buy Gravel a big roll of bubble wrap.
- I know politicians get paid a shitload more money than the average Joe.
- I know I wish I was a politician.
- I know every time I see a shooting star, someone I know is pregnant. It dawned on me during the week who the one I seen a couple of months ago belonged to.
- I know I am still over the moon happy about becoming a Grandma later in the year.
- I know my black thumb is becoming a little green. I’m nearly up to five years of keeping a plant alive!
- I know I missed the clock ticking over to 2013 because I was in bed way before midnight.
- I know 2013 is going to be a fantastic year, because it can’t be any worse than last year.
- I know it’s 12.26am and I have to go to bed.
Peace out beautiful people! Have a flippin fantastically amazing weekend!
What do you know this week?
Join in the Things I Know meme by adding your Things I Know post to MisterLinky below – please link to the actual post, not your home page – Wack the Things I Know button to your post or sidebar, and visit the other fabulous peeps that link up and share the comment love!