Happy Friday beautiful people!
Tis been a busy week in OgreLand.
I claimed Gravel back from my bestie, but forgot to steal the damn gnome on my way out – Gravel is healing nicely by the way. Although she did take the top of her gravel rash yesterday playing tips and retired from the game after a short five minutes. The Oldest OgreBoy and The Sixth got back from being away over Christmas. We’ve had horrific heat a few days this week which had me stuck in the house with four kids playing xBox 360 for hours upon hours straight – I also kicked JW14′s arse in Scrabble that same day. We’ve had a couple of days where we’ve hung out with MTA and her clan just ’cause.
I’ve also eaten more than my share of chocolate this week.
Here is what I know about being a Mum to a ‘large’ family -
- I know lots of food is required to keep them all happy. Living in a small town makes that suck immensely, the two small supermarkets we have charge an arm, a leg and a kidney for the weekly shop. Oh plus lots of money.
- I know for the reason of my arms, legs and kidneys – and the fact I only have two of each - I really am desperate for the new Woolworths to be built sooner rather than later.
- I know the laundry being empty is something I can achieve.
- I know just because the laundry is empty the job isn’t done yet.
- I know Mt Foldmore is more scary than Mt Washmore.
- I know cooking for more is easier than cooking for less.
- I know I am soooo happy all the kids are finally home and I haven’t screwed up dinner since they all got back.
- I know bunks are a bitch to make, and I know lots of swear words when I smash my head on the top one when I’m making the bottom one.
- I know I like the “L” set of bunks better. They’re easier to make.
- I know I can ignore a tantrum like a trooper.
- I know begging for soft drink is a waste of my kids time. More times than not a big fat “no” will be my answer to said begging.
- I know my carpet can go from looking clean to looking like a football team took a shortcut through my house within five minutes of the vacuum turned off.
- I no “nobody” and “I don’t know” live with us. I’ve never seen them, but apparently they are who do the naughty things nobody else does.
- I know I am dreading the next two days of kids being inside because of the heat.
- I know having a bucket of water in the bottom of the shower to wash dirty feet during the day, saves a lot of water when six kids feel the need to go running around in the dirt upteen times a day.
If you are in a high fire danger area this weekend and you are subject to the high temperatures Mother Nature has on offer over the next few days – Please stay safe. Stay aware. Keep yourself hydrated, and make sure your furbabies have shelter from the heat with plenty of water.
Peace out beautiful people! Have a flippin fantastically amazing weekend!
What do you know this week?
Join in the Things I Know meme by adding your Things I Know post to MisterLinky below – please link to the actual post, not your home page – Wack the Things I Know button to your post or sidebar, and visit the other fabulous peeps that link up and share the comment love!